This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default EPO (Erythropoietin)

EPO

(Erythropoietin)

EPO gained notoriety in 1998 when a bunch of cyclists in the Tour de France got caught in posession of it.

EPO increases RBC in the blood. This will basically raise your energy levels (Cancer. 2003 Sep 1;98(5):1072-9), and thus will improve recovery, etc...A50 was developed for a very similar purpose as EPO, and I suspect that alot of the muscle enhancing effects/potency of A50 (increased muscle fullness, etc...) can be attributed to the much of same mechanisms which are at work in EPO. Its worth noting that EPO increases protein synthesis, just like A50 as well. Primarily, though, its effect is to increase RBCs.

Having more RBCs, thus having more oxygen delivered to muscle tissues is directly associated with a substantial improvement in athletic performance, i.e speed, endurance, strength, etc...(Sports Med. 2003;33(3):187-212.). EPO is associated with improved bodyweight, excercise capacity, oxygen uptake, respiration, whole body metabolism and energy efficiency (Semin Oncol. 2002 Jun;29(3 Suppl 8):69-74) In addition, cognitive function (learning, etc...)is also improved with EPO(Clin Breast Cancer. 2002 Dec;3 Suppl 3:S116-20).

Ok...so how much do you take? I'd say you'll need about 8,000-10,000IU for 2 weeks. Thats it. You take it all at once over 2 weeks (maybe a little over 1,000IU or so per day for 14 days) and then thats it. Then, sometime in week 3, you'll start feeling the results...which will last...for 3-6 months! Yeah, you read that right.

Watch your BP, and don't let it get out of hand, because that could mean your hematocrit is getting too high....
      and remember to keep well hydrated to avoid any possible issues with clotting & keep some aspirin on hand just in case you find that you need to thin your blood out a bit.

2. Thanks MOUNTAIN-MAN thanked for this post
      Likes MOUNTAIN-MAN liked this post
      solar is offline Senior Member
      Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 75
      Overall activity: 1.0%
      Achievements:
      1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by zodiac View Post
      EPO

(Erythropoietin)

EPO gained notoriety in 1998 when a bunch of cyclists in the Tour de France got caught in posession of it.

EPO increases RBC in the blood. This will basically raise your energy levels (Cancer. 2003 Sep 1;98(5):1072-9), and thus will improve recovery, etc...A50 was developed for a very similar purpose as EPO, and I suspect that alot of the muscle enhancing effects/potency of A50 (increased muscle fullness, etc...) can be attributed to the much of same mechanisms which are at work in EPO. Its worth noting that EPO increases protein synthesis, just like A50 as well. Primarily, though, its effect is to increase RBCs.

Having more RBCs, thus having more oxygen delivered to muscle tissues is directly associated with a substantial improvement in athletic performance, i.e speed, endurance, strength, etc...(Sports Med. 2003;33(3):187-212.). EPO is associated with improved bodyweight, excercise capacity, oxygen uptake, respiration, whole body metabolism and energy efficiency (Semin Oncol. 2002 Jun;29(3 Suppl 8):69-74) In addition, cognitive function (learning, etc...)is also improved with EPO(Clin Breast Cancer. 2002 Dec;3 Suppl 3:S116-20).

Ok...so how much do you take? I'd say you'll need about 8,000-10,000IU for 2 weeks. Thats it. You take it all at once over 2 weeks (maybe a little over 1,000IU or so per day for 14 days) and then thats it. Then, sometime in week 3, you'll start feeling the results...which will last...for 3-6 months! Yeah, you read that right.

Watch your BP, and don't let it get out of hand, because that could mean your hematocrit is getting too high....
      and remember to keep well hydrated to avoid any possible issues with clotting & keep some aspirin on hand just in case you find that you need to thin your blood out a bit.
      how can you tell if you should take asprin to thin your blood?

fullybuilt is offline Senior Member
      Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 91
      Overall activity: 1.5%
      Achievements:
      Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

I think its always good to take a baby aspirin(81mg) every night reguardless. As well as 8-10g fish oil daily to thin blood. Only real way to tell is bloodwork. Its cheap. www.directlabs.com all you need is a hemoglobin test.
      Everything by Fullybuilt is for role play only. This is a fictional game I play.

MOUNTAIN-MAN is offline Senior Member
      Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 13
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsOverdrive1 year registered5000 Experience Points
      Awards:
      Community Award
      is Super hungry

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Re: EPO (Erythropoietin)

I used epo three times in the 90's It is super expensive and the only good thing I got from it was stamina.
      Massbuilderpharmacy only professional gear with a perfect reputation made by a master brewer and mixologist.If you want the best for less MBP is your only choice.

Thread Information