This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default New store scam! Check your receipts for faulty cashback charges

READ THIS

Story from a retired Minneapolis Officer

It happened at Wal-Mart (Supercenter Store #1279, 10411 N Freeway 45, Houston , TX 77037 a month ago. I bought a bunch of stuff, over $150, & I glanced at my receipt as the cashier was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of $40. I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it. She said I'd have to take the $40 because she couldn't delete it. I told her to call a supervisor. Supervisor came & said I'd have to take it. I said NO! Taking the $40 would be a cash advance against my Discover & I wasn't paying interest on a cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole order. So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & re-scan everything! The second time I looked at the electronic pad before I signed & a cash-back of $20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier & she deleted it. The total came out right. The cashier agreed that the electronic pad must be defective.
      Obviously the cashier knew the electronic pad was defective because she NEVER offered me the $40 at the beginning. Can you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed?

Just to alert everyone. My co worker went to Milford , DE Wal-Mart last week. She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt. She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her. My co worker didn't look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for $20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK! My co-worker called Wal-Mart who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her this. This is a new scam going on. The cashier will key in that you asked for cash back and then hand it to her friend who is the next person in line.
      Please, please, please check your receipts right away when using credit or debit cards!
      This is NOT limited to Wal-Mart, although they are the largest retailer so they have the most incidents
      I am adding to this. My husband and I were in Wal-Mart North Salisbury and paying with credit card when my husband went to sign the credit card signer he just happen to notice there was a $20 cash back added. He told the cashier that he did not ask nor want cash back and she said this machine has been messing up and she cancelled it. We really didn't think anything of it until we read this email.
      I wonder how many "seniors" have been, or will be, "stung" by this one????
      To make matters worse ...THIS SCAM CAN BE DONE ANYWHERE, AT ANY RETAIL OR WHOLESALE LOCATION!!!

kingvillan is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 150
      Overall activity: 2.0%
      Achievements:
      VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points
      is eating eggs!

I am:
      Cool

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Yeah, it's the season for scammers this time of the year! They are getting clever every year...Wal-Mart is a prime target for them because of the mass transactions for the Holidays. That's funny that I juts saw this because I just came from Wal-Mart to buy cold medicine and that place was packed due to the night before Thanksgiving. Speaking of Wal-Mart...you've got to check out peopleofwalmart.com especially now...it's fucking hillarious!

Viking is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 40
      Overall activity: 1.0%
      Achievements:
      1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Serves them right for supporting the anti-american store of wal-mart. Since Sam Walton died that place went to hell....and stayed there!

TheChosen1 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 81
      Achievements:
      Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by BLAST INC View Post
      READ THIS

Story from a retired Minneapolis Officer

It happened at Wal-Mart (Supercenter Store #1279, 10411 N Freeway 45, Houston , TX 77037 a month ago. I bought a bunch of stuff, over $150, & I glanced at my receipt as the cashier was handing me the bags. I saw a cash-back of $40. I told her I didn't request a cash back & to delete it. She said I'd have to take the $40 because she couldn't delete it. I told her to call a supervisor. Supervisor came & said I'd have to take it. I said NO! Taking the $40 would be a cash advance against my Discover & I wasn't paying interest on a cash advance!!!!! If they couldn't delete it then they would have to delete the whole order. So the supervisor had the cashier delete the whole order & re-scan everything! The second time I looked at the electronic pad before I signed & a cash-back of $20 popped up. At that point I told the cashier & she deleted it. The total came out right. The cashier agreed that the electronic pad must be defective.
      Obviously the cashier knew the electronic pad was defective because she NEVER offered me the $40 at the beginning. Can you imagine how many people went through before me & at the end of her shift how much money she pocketed?

Just to alert everyone. My co worker went to Milford , DE Wal-Mart last week. She had her items rung up by the cashier. The cashier hurried her along and didn't give her a receipt. She asked the cashier for a receipt and the cashier was annoyed and gave it to her. My co worker didn't look at her receipt until later that night. The receipt showed that she asked for $20 cash back. SHE DID NOT ASK FOR CASH BACK! My co-worker called Wal-Mart who investigated but could not see the cashier pocket the money. She then called her niece who works for the bank and her niece told her this. This is a new scam going on. The cashier will key in that you asked for cash back and then hand it to her friend who is the next person in line.
      Please, please, please check your receipts right away when using credit or debit cards!
      This is NOT limited to Wal-Mart, although they are the largest retailer so they have the most incidents
      I am adding to this. My husband and I were in Wal-Mart North Salisbury and paying with credit card when my husband went to sign the credit card signer he just happen to notice there was a $20 cash back added. He told the cashier that he did not ask nor want cash back and she said this machine has been messing up and she canceled it. We really didn't think anything of it until we read this email.
      I wonder how many "seniors" have been, or will be, "stung" by this one????
      To make matters worse ...THIS SCAM CAN BE DONE ANYWHERE, AT ANY RETAIL OR WHOLESALE LOCATION!!!
      FAKE STORY!!
      http://www.snopes.com/fraud/atm/cashback.asp

That's why it's so much better to do a littler research when the story sounds impossible.
      Last edited by TheChosen1; 11-26-2009 at 05:52 AM.

TheChosen1
      SuperMOD@E-Steroids
      & U-M

JerkKILLER is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 126
      Overall activity: 99.9%
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

BLAST-

I thought the first paragraph in your post was the one from the retired Minn officer (as u stated).

That being said, I thought the 2nd paragraph was about an experience you had, specifically.

Then come to find out NONE of those stories are yours and NONE of them are true either. Thanks a lot!

Way to go CHOSEN1 for busting the case wide open!! (picture clapping smiley face here) ha ha

simplerx is offline Member
      Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 68
      Achievements:
      Veteran1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Give BLAST a break guys...lol he was trying to add some helpful info. lmao!

Anyways i always check my reciepts too. most of the time i always pay cash

TheChosen1 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 81
      Achievements:
      Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by JerkKILLER View Post
      BLAST-

I thought the first paragraph in your post was the one from the retired Minn officer (as u stated).

That being said, I thought the 2nd paragraph was about an experience you had, specifically.

Then come to find out NONE of those stories are yours and NONE of them are true either. Thanks a lot!

Way to go CHOSEN1 for busting the case wide open!! (picture clapping smiley face here) ha ha
      Like the retired Minn. officer, I'm also a former LE. Something that I learned in the 11 years on the force is that YOU CAN NEVER EVER TAKE A STORY SERIOUS UNTIL YOU'VE HEARD BOTH SIDES.

Besides, you have to admit....Something of this magnitude would definitely be on the national news and probably highly investigated (more than I did...LOL). And you got to ask yourself, "Why is a retired Minn. cop becoming victimized in a Texas Walmart? And he never explains what he's doing in Texas.

Personally, I'm not going to blast on BLAST (no pun intended) for posting this without checking it out because he probably found it on another site and took it to be a creditable allegation. In defense of BLAST, it's all good, bro. My nephew's girlfriend does it ALL THE TIME. She finds a hot item that requires everyone's alert and attention, post it on Facebook, get cheered for it by many, and then her boyfriend's uncle (that's me, btw) would post the snope.com page that kills it.
      Last edited by TheChosen1; 11-26-2009 at 08:12 PM.

TheChosen1
      SuperMOD@E-Steroids
      & U-M

BigStev21 is offline Member
      Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 84
      Achievements:
      1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

ill make a point to start checking my receipts from now on... thanks bro

BLAST INC is offline Banned
      Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 140
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by JerkKILLER View Post
      BLAST-

hey you little clown it was a repost from another forum (not barnum and baileys where you come from)

are you sad becuase i ignored your 50 pms for powder sources this whole past year becuase I know you are a cop?

its a pretty shitty sting operation JK.

please take circus circus back to vegas we have enough clowns lingering

i live in barrio logan heights san diego 25th and K 92113 borders market st for anyone curious enough

just thought id put that out there
      Last edited by BLAST INC; 11-27-2009 at 02:33 PM.

BLAST INC is offline Banned
      Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 140
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosen1 View Post
      Like the retired Minn. officer, I'm also a former LE. Something that I learned in the 11 years on the force is that YOU CAN NEVER EVER TAKE A STORY SERIOUS UNTIL YOU'VE HEARD BOTH SIDES.

Besides, you have to admit....Something of this magnitude would definitely be on the national news and probably highly investigated (more than I did...LOL). And you got to ask yourself, "Why is a retired Minn. cop becoming victimized in a Texas Walmart? And he never explains what he's doing in Texas.

Personally, I'm not going to blast on BLAST (no pun intended) for posting this without checking it out because he probably found it on another site and took it to be a creditable allegation. In defense of BLAST, it's all good, bro. My nephew's girlfriend does it ALL THE TIME. She finds a hot item that requires everyone's alert and attention, post it on Facebook, get cheered for it by many, and then her boyfriend's uncle (that's me, btw) would post the snope.com page that kills it.
      this is SOUTHSIDE SUR X3 cripkiller bloodkiller PIGKILLER
      out here we got GREENLIGHTS ON PIGSTERS
      VARRIO LOGAN HEIGHTS DOWNTOWN SAN DIEGO
      Last edited by BLAST INC; 11-27-2009 at 02:46 PM.

Thread Information