ESICLENE (FORMEBOLONE PLUS 20MG LIDOCAINE PER VIAL)

Reported Characteristics

• Active-Life: 1 day
  • Drug Class: Anabolic/inflammatory (non-anabolic)steroid (For injection)
  • Average Reported Dosage: 1-2 ampules per muscle per day
Esiclene is not an *anabolic* steroid, which means that it has the chemical configuration of a steroid (the classic 4-ring nucleus), but imparts no anabolic effects. The drug was popular in the 80's when it was injected directly into a lagging body part during the last week before a contest. Though Esiclene is technically classified as anabolic, I have never heard of anyone ever using it as such, to impart muscle gains. It is used for the drugs distinct site specific inflammatory /tissue fluid accumulatory effects pre-contest bodybuilders coveted it for. When an injection is administered, the muscle responds by becoming inflamed with fluid, as a defence mechanism. With constant injections, in 1-2 weeks arm, calf, or delt sizes were reported to increase in size by as much as 1-1.5inches. This effect is, however, only temporary as inflammation began to decrease within about 24-48 hours. This is also why injections needed to be very frequent. Usually a bodybuilder would inject -2mls into each of their smaller lagging body parts (biceps, triceps, calves, and deltoids were all popular) daily for 7 days, then increase to 2-3ml per muscle for and additional 7 days. Unfortunately, these too-frequent injections were very uncomfortable (this particular steorid is an irritant, which is why it causes swelling), and even the added lidocaine doesn't make the injections less painful.
Although it is speculation on my part, I believe that the decline in popularity of Esiclene for pre-contest bodybuilders was due to products such as Syntherol, which can produce cosmetic gains in size before a contest, or can also be used to produce permanent gains.