Achievements:
      Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Post Gym Etiquette

I don't understand why gym employees/trainers and owners are quick to help train their new members with the various exercises and routines, but NO ONE takes time out to educate the "newbies" about gym etiquette.

Last week, I was working chest and was in the middle of a few sets of cable flys when this old lady walked away from the nearby seated row machine where she was working, over to where I was beginning another set of flys, and just stood there looking at the rack that holds the handles for the 2 universal gyms. She stares at it for a while and then walk right back in my way as anyone can clearly see that I'm standing there with a grip in hand. I looked at her and said, "Oh that's okay, you're excused." She looked as if she was clueless to what she was doing and then proceeded to begin her exercise regiment on the seated row machine. Sure, my thought was, "Why the fuck is she even over here since the machine is already set with fixed grips?"

So then I proceeded to perform a set of flys. Upon completion, I load the weights on the cable and get this......Some asshole is now holding on to the machine and stretching, as if I'm fricking invisible. Being the smart ass that I tend to be, I asked him, "My bad, were you working here before I got here 10 minutes ago?" He apologized and went over to another part of the gym, where he was actually training at. Now I'm wondering, "WTF? Why is that ass all the way over here if his routine is over there?" And what's worse, there is a shitload of places for him to stretch at. I noticed him using the barbell rack near his area to stretch on.
      Last edited by TheChosen1; 03-15-2010 at 12:51 PM.

TheChosen1
      SuperMOD@E-Steroids
      & U-M

niko is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      is MENTAL

I am:
      Meh

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Re: Gym Etiquette

I have the same issue at my gym. People need to get a clue. The thing that pisses me off is most of the bullshit that happens is commen sense. I react the same way you do to people at the gym when they pull stupid shit but they dont get it!!!!
      Last edited by niko; 03-15-2010 at 09:55 AM.

magRT496 is offline Honored Member
      Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
      Overall activity: 3.0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Most people in large gyms are ignorant to proper gym etiquette...but at least they dont ignore. The college i go to has a decent gym, but god damn none of these fucking college punks have any respect/etiquette for any weight, machine, or person in the place. I get so pissed off when these lazy asses put the dumbbells in the wrong spot, or leave them on the floor. And for the love of god if you get up to get a drink your bench is gone. I swear they are going to ban me from the gym cause the tren is going to get to me bad one day and im going to start throwing people through plate glass windows.

guns01 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 72
      Overall activity: 25.0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran1000 Experience PointsThree Friends10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
      Awards:
      Frequent Poster
      is hungry

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

all right boys i will go on a rant here. my favorite is this fucking crossfit in the middle of the gym floor. hey nothing is greater than explosively locking out every major joint in your body, doing jump squats over head jump squats, deadlift to power clean to jump squats all in a wild jerking and slinging movement with no control and all momentum. now dont get me wrong here i love working strength and condition with mma guys and at least they know the proper technique and form to protect joints and ligaments. o k my point on the cross fit thing is that they take up all kinds of space use three fucking benches and damn near 10 sets of dbs and at least 2 bbs. o yeah i forgot the new band fad that they attach to the cable cross station or the squat rack. all right i will stop now cause i am getting pissed just thinking about it

jaydub is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 47
      Achievements:
      Veteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

well... I was starting my chest day once with incline barbell press. i had 185 on the bar to get started... and i'm sitting on the bench and i lean back, get my grip, lift it off the bar and i almost tipped over 'cause one side was way light... i throw the bar back on the rack and get up to see what the problem was.. and this dipshit on the leg press behid me had taken one of the 25's OFF MY BAR... while i was on the bench about to hit a set. I was seriously dumbfounded man. he freaked out, apologized up and down.. fuck etiquette man, ain't some of this common sense?

Big Dan is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Gym Etiquette what is that... No one at my gym has a clue. I tell the young guys that back when I was young you would get a dumbbell or something thrown at you if you walked infront of someone or got by there station. It pisses me off to know end they way people have no clue. Just last week I had a little punk piss me off, I was doing nose breakers with a little bit of weight when I finished my set I stood up with the weight and the little fag was standing right in front of me where I could not put it down. Now he could see me in the mirror. I held it for a little bit and he still wouldnt move. After slaming it down right at his heels, that made his little ass move.

apbt549 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
      Achievements:
      VeteranThree Friends10000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

big dan you are right i am that way in the gym i try not to be rude i ask somebody if they are using something if it looks like they are..one time i was dong dumbbell curls in front of the mirror and there mightof been 2ft in between me and the mirror and some fuck head got between me and the mirror so i kicked him right in his ass... another time i was doing cable flys with the bench in the middle and i was sitting on the bench taking a break and some guy went to grab the handle on the cabe so i tapped him on the shoulder from the bench and told him i was using that he said oh ok so the dumb fuck went to the other cable on my left and went to grab that one so i tapped him again and said i am using that one also incase you couldn't tell by the bench in the middle of the cable machine.. then another time i was doing dumbbell curls and set the dumbbells down right in front of me and 2 younger kids grabbed them i didn't say a word to them when one of them got done and set them down i grabbed them from the floor and tod them both i wasn't fucking down with them and did my other sets with them.. you are right some of them people just don't have a damn clue....

another thing that pisses me off is these young fuckers that come in to the gym with there god damn pants down around there knees i don't want to see your god damn boxers or underwear..... so pull up your god damn pants......now if your lady comes in with her tits hanging out of her small top thats fine i am ok with that.....

crazyasssarah is offline Senior Member
      Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 10
      Overall activity: 1.0%
      Achievements:
      Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

ha chosen picking on old women she peobably got altimers and forgot where she was at u mean bastard.lol your still cool with the young group,i hate when folks just lean on the place am going and talk.espcailly when a guy is trying to pick up a girl (joe cool)u know him

In Hulk is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

This is why I go to the gym during slower hours.
      All posts & messages authored by "In Hulk" are works of fiction and for entertainment purposes only.

BossBrutha is offline Honored Member
      Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 53
      Achievements:
      Awards:
      Arm of Law
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

this is the reason that I am glad I have a gym that caters to serious lifters. Everyone understands the rules and if some newb comes in and doesn't, myself or someone else makes it clear- in the appropriate manner of course...

Thread Information