Achievements:
      Veteran10000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Homeland Security seizes domain names

Bad news for boards like ours. Pandora's Box has been opened Due Process is a thing of the past. Prediction:Big Sis comes after boards like this in the not too distant future.

Homeland Security seizes domain names
      By Sara Jerome - 11/26/10 04:25 PM ET

The investigative arm of the Homeland Security Department appears to be shutting down websites that facilitate copyright infringement.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has seized dozens of domain names over the past few days, according to TorrentFreak.

ICE appears to be targeting sites that help Internet users download copyrighted music, as well as sites that sell bootleg goods, such as fake designer handbags.

The sites are replaced with a note from the government: "This domain named has been seized by ICE, Homeland Security Investigations."

For instance, borntrade.com, 51607.com, and amoyhy.com have each been seized.

One of the site owners told TorrentFreak that his site was shut down without any notice or warning.

The effort comes as Congress considers the Combatting Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA). Critics, including Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) say it is too heavy-handed. He has vowed to put a formal hold on the bill.

Source:
      http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-va...-domain-names-

TheyCallMeX is offline Banned
      Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
      Overall activity: 2.5%
      Achievements:
      1000 Experience Points1 year registered
      is doing cardio!

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Re: Homeland Security seizes domain names

Yeah, they seized the domain name watchmovies.net. Within 5 hours they had a new domain name up and it's already gone......

Check it out here.

http://www.movies-links.tv/index.html

Guys look, is anyone here computer savvy? I'm talking old school. I'm talking telnet/BBS. I am highly considering setting up a BBS if anyone would actually be interested in learning how to use it.

Let me know. We can easily go off the grid.

ItalianMuscle is offline Honored Member
      Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeX View Post
      Yeah, they seized the domain name watchmovies.net. Within 5 hours they had a new domain name up and it's already gone......

Check it out here.

http://www.movies-links.tv/index.html

Guys look, is anyone here computer savvy? I'm talking old school. I'm talking telnet/BBS. I am highly considering setting up a BBS if anyone would actually be interested in learning how to use it.

Let me know. We can easily go off the grid.
      You mean bulletin board system(BBS)? I had one back in the day with a commodore 64, three 5 1/4 floppy drives, and a 1200 baud modem. Its outdated, and I dont think it could handle the traffic that forums get now. I had mine setup ironically to get pirated games.. LOL.. I had over 10k+, and litterally filled 1000s of floppy disks..

Achievements:
      is doing cardio!

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianMuscle View Post
      You mean bulletin board system(BBS)? I had one back in the day with a commodore 64, three 5 1/4 floppy drives, and a 1200 baud modem. Its outdated, and I dont think it could handle the traffic that forums get now. I had mine setup ironically to get pirated games.. LOL.. I had over 10k+, and litterally filled 1000s of floppy disks..
      Yeah, the old school BBS hahaha. A 1200 baud modem? WOW.....That is REALLY old school!!!! LOL! We gotta talk! I could learn a few things from you. Seems you've got some years on me.

Yes there is a ton of traffic now, but maybe we could hide the sources out there along with the vets/vips. We could always expand and open different hosts. Yes it would be primitive and a pain in the ass but how many people monitor TELNET / BBS nowadays with the modern way of browsing? haha

ItalianMuscle is offline Honored Member
      Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeX View Post
      Yeah, the old school BBS hahaha. A 1200 baud modem? WOW.....That is REALLY old school!!!! LOL! We gotta talk! I could learn a few things from you. Seems you've got some years on me.

Yes there is a ton of traffic now, but maybe we could hide the sources out there along with the vets/vips. We could always expand and open different hosts. Yes it would be primitive and a pain in the ass but how many people monitor TELNET / BBS nowadays with the modern way of browsing? haha
      A BBS system, was actually super simple, there wasnt much to the board. You would have forums, sub-forums, etc.. Most of the ones I was calling was just for games. The games would be pirated from all over(including europe/asia), they would break the codes, and they would upload them to the BBS. Took fucking forever with a 1200baud modem, i think at the time I was doing it, they just came out with the 2400 baud, but I got rid of everything by then.

Not to mention, the phone bills were outrageous, becaus most of the bbs I was calling were out of state. Those could be avoided with hacking, divertors, black boxes, etc., but lots of risk involved.

Achievements:
      is doing cardio!

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianMuscle View Post
      A BBS system, was actually super simple, there wasnt much to the board. You would have forums, sub-forums, etc.. Most of the ones I was calling was just for games. The games would be pirated from all over(including europe/asia), they would break the codes, and they would upload them to the BBS. Took fucking forever with a 1200baud modem, i think at the time I was doing it, they just came out with the 2400 baud, but I got rid of everything by then.

Not to mention, the phone bills were outrageous, becaus most of the bbs I was calling were out of state. Those could be avoided with hacking, divertors, black boxes, etc., but lots of risk involved.
      Do you ever remember setting up your computer on auto dial for random numbers, searching for carrier signals through Ma Bell / AT&T? You find a carrier signal and that was the end of it, it wouldn't have even mattered. I remember being young and doing that at home, and when mom got the phone bill she about shit.

It wasn't but maybe $15.00 but the calls were all for 1-3 seconds in various states. LOL

Born2Juice4Ever is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 105
      Achievements:
      is Watching the weedwackers

I am:
      Meh

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

I wonder what other plans are in the work by the wonderful and respected office of congress in the U.S.A.

It is not as bad here in Canada, but as we know, our gov is known as the U.S.A.'s bitch...because you guys say jump, we say how high LMFAO true enough.

B2J
      Born2Juice4Ever, A force biochemically evolved, by the people, for the people.

rocco-x is offline Honored Member
      Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 230
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Hungry

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

within the next few years our country will be turned into a police state.same thing as in china.try and google the most innocuous thing and the system shuts down.the gov agencies that are already monitoring our boards already have all the info they want on each and every one of us.i don't care if you've got 5 re-routers from mongolia to jamaica they can,will and have traced back whatever annd whoever they want.
      at first it's the major players in the game.now it's everyone.from one amp of sust to 20 vials of enth they know who orders what,from who,where from and where to...
      "Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are."

HILLBILLY is offline Senior Member
      Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 48
      Overall activity: 3.0%
      Achievements:
      1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by rocco-x View Post
      within the next few years our country will be turned into a police state.same thing as in china.try and google the most innocuous thing and the system shuts down.the gov agencies that are already monitoring our boards already have all the info they want on each and every one of us.i don't care if you've got 5 re-routers from mongolia to jamaica they can,will and have traced back whatever annd whoever they want.
      at first it's the major players in the game.now it's everyone.from one amp of sust to 20 vials of enth they know who orders what,from who,where from and where to...
      That's a fact, it's on record that the NSA saves everything on the WHOLE net with massive mega servers. Hell the head of google even admitted to it about a month ago as a guest on the colbert report, he said EVERYTHING being typed on the net is being saved.

-HB-

HILLBILLY is offline Senior Member
      Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 48
      Overall activity: 3.0%
      Achievements:
      1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

I think this pic sums up what's going on in America today.

-HB-

Thread Information