Recommendation Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Poorly

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Re: Anybody Have any Hobbies?

Quote Originally Posted by apollo View Post
      Well, I dont care if YOU cook or not- I aint flirtin with ya like I did Baby-LMAO!

Ketsugo- LOL! EASY brotha- I was just wanderin and tryin to make sense of it all- time wise I mean. People always tell me that I must be 100 to have done all the things I've done. I like to tell the truth just so they'll think I'm lying- LOL! Hope your head feels better man : ) i'm nippin at your heels age-wise dude.
      Were you ever at Benning?
      LOL I hear you - I get the same thing- I guess people have a hard time understanding self discipline. Yes I have dedicated my life to training and education. Even as a yong lad. I never went out partying - Dont drink or use recd drugs never have. You are close on one point. Ive only been with 4 women in my life. My current girl 7 years. My first date was at age 18. Between age 22 and 33 - due to being enlisted, my training and school- I never had a date or even a one night stand- So I guess you could say I lack experience in that department, but I dont feel like I missed out on anything. No Benning . There was also a period when my full time job was working at a half way house - where I would arrive at 9pm pour the morning medications, then go to sleep, wake up at 6 administer the meds, make breakfast for 12 people then send them off to day program so 7 hours of my work day were spent sleeping- therefore I could fit in training and school. Of course being around soldiers too- training and teaching opportunities grew as well - I always tried to set up my environment to include training- thats bodybuilding/weighttraining along with combat training. As a child I practiced the popular karate, TKD, Judo , Kenpo- then when I grew up and realized how limited those were for what I need I practiced a whole bunch more, Yeah I fell into the fallacy that Brazilian Jujutsu was good for real situation, but In reality its a very poor means of self defense- Its a sport, its made to practice in the confinds of rules and in an enclosed ring, Every real method of self protection should have offensive and utilize weapons - in the history of man - that has been the law of nature. Koryu- Bujutsu , Silat, filipino kali, particularly use of bladed weapons whether it be knives , swords, machetes or even using a credit card to slice tendons and arteries. A knowledge of anatomy. Back when these so called martial arts were used in battle before guns or bombs were available- they wore armour to protect from these weapons. Punching and kicking were rarely used as a means of fighting because the body was protected. Only the joints were exposed with these armoured bodies- therbye exposing the joints to bone breaking or the arteries to being slashed by a blade. Of course I dont and most will not teach children these ways- thats where all the judo , karate, tae kwon do and kenpo became so popular past 50, 75 years- people dont get that. Jigoro Kano created judo from a synthesis of jujutsu so his dream of teaching children in elementary school could be realized- he also invented the dan ranking system- (colored belts) The Gracies learned from Kano at the kodokan- hence BJJ really is a style or hybird of Judo and jujutsu really is not rolling around using holds or groundfighting. Jujustu was a method of koryu bujutsu- old school methods of war. Everything we see now with colored belts created in time of peace is a means of gendai- budo- with a very different intent of training. I have done both extensively. I have paracticed methods indigenous to various areas of asia- My intent was always to protect oneself from death in war. If I enter a school and saw people doing push ups or jumping jacks- I walked out the door. I know how to exercise so I never wanted to pay in class for more aerobics. You go to a school to practice timing distancing and how to work principles and concepts with another body. The ones that kill and maime. I was never interested in trophy or ring fighting. However ignorance is so rampant. I remember that even the military began using these wrestling bullshit until terrosists began kicking the shit out of everyone with penjcak silat and kali type methods of fighting. Just another example of pussy ass liberals running things. Man I need to stop I could write a novel everyday, especially cuz Ill get 10 guys who barely know what they are talking aout want to argue with me because they belive the bullshit lies. Shall I go on?? LMAO

airagee23 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
      Overall activity: 1.0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

How tall are you?

Man I need to make friends with you sweets cookers LOL!
      Right at 6'3" bro. But I tell ya all the years of playing bball have done a number on my lower back.

guns01 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 72
      Overall activity: 25.0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran1000 Experience PointsThree Friends10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
      Awards:
      Frequent Poster
      is hungry

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

damn air you are tall as hell. it is so nice to see all the veterans rolling around here. and most of you guys stay somewhat true to the trade in some way or another. martial arts pt and such.

ketsugo is offline Banned
      Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 176
      Overall activity: 4.0%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Poorly

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by airagee23 View Post
      Right at 6'3" bro. But I tell ya all the years of playing bball have done a number on my lower back.
      Make hypers and the Louis SImmons bench reverse hypers is you have access- part of your regular lower back streghnthening routine. Your lower back will get stronger and form like a natural wieght belt

rock419 is offline New Member
      Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
      Overall activity: 1.0%
      Achievements:
      1 year registered1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Well as far as hobbies go I love ocean fishing. Salmon, Halibut, Sea bass, and rock fish. I also do crabbing on occasion but only once or twice a year (basically pulling dead weight 200ft up in swell). I don't know what I would do if I didn't fish, it really keeps me sane to be out there at 5am with the sunrise getting ready to spill some fish blood!

apollo is offline Banned
      Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 143
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Amused

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by ketsugo View Post
      Make hypers and the Louis SImmons bench reverse hypers is you have access- part of your regular lower back streghnthening routine. Your lower back will get stronger and form like a natural wieght belt
      Dont forget to train your Transversus abdominis!
      Do yoga- I swear to my penis it's a miracle back cure! Especially lower.
      Last edited by apollo; 03-10-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Poorly

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

True- I use either the rotary torso machine or I do wood chops with cable apparatus for transverse, but my personal experience as I had broken my spine , had a fusion that the spinal muscles are of utmost importance- verified by the studies at New England Baptist that pioneered this type of procedure and PT for lower back injury. I rmember going to places closer to home with nmo succes as people in most PT places over emphasize the abdomnals and flexibility when in reality the spinal muscles are underused and off balance. Many of the guys I went through the program were competaive martial artsist and could do chinese splits from a supine position so flexibiltiy was not an issue. Athletes that have felxibility and strghtn do not need to waste their time doing these things - Its like when I go to a PT for my arm and they get me doing 5 pound wrist curls- Its a waste- so I just get the exercises and go do 45 pound DB wrist curls which is light but sufficient. The erectors and the muscles along the spin need more power NOT flexibility. They need to support and hold the spinal column directly

IronpumpedLady is offline Banned
      Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 148
      Overall activity: 4.5%
      Achievements:
      1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
      is ADMIN

I am:
      Crazy

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Yoga, stretching on the ball, and doing core stabilization exercises on the ball, will help tremendously!!!! Most of the time hypers will aggravate it depending on the degree of the injury.

Stay STrong~~!!!
      IPL

apollo is offline Banned
      Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 143
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Amused

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by ketsugo View Post
      True- I use either the rotary torso machine or I do wood chops with cable apparatus for transverse, but my personal experience as I had broken my spine , had a fusion that the spinal muscles are of utmost importance- verified by the studies at New England Baptist that pioneered this type of procedure and PT for lower back injury. I rmember going to places closer to home with nmo succes as people in most PT places over emphasize the abdomnals and flexibility when in reality the spinal muscles are underused and off balance. Many of the guys I went through the program were competaive martial artsist and could do chinese splits from a supine position so flexibiltiy was not an issue. Athletes that have felxibility and strghtn do not need to waste their time doing these things - Its like when I go to a PT for my arm and they get me doing 5 pound wrist curls- Its a waste- so I just get the exercises and go do 45 pound DB wrist curls which is light but sufficient. The erectors and the muscles along the spin need more power NOT flexibility. They need to support and hold the spinal column directly
      I think your extreme injury may be a different story than just a normal spine that that WOULD need more support from the ab muscles that DO help support an otherwise healthy spine. I agree an athlete that uses these muscles alot probably would'nt need it. But there are many athletes including alot of BB'rs that these muscles are not strong over the long haul or in shape in. Bill Romo comes to mind for me as I remember he started yoga which does work these deeper abs and yes does improve flexibility. He was a football player and I have seen many in shape looking BB'rs including myself at times later in my life when I was'nt truly in shape but appeared to be so. Meaning had all kinds of back pain and no cardio and no flexibility and no muscle strength at rest and definately no balance of muscle strength and tightness: for example my chest muscles were tight and strong but the back muscles that balance that and pull ones' shoulders back were not- causing a mal alignment issue and problems. So there were subtle exercises to get these muscles to start gaining strength and they were light weight in order for the surrounding muscles to not do the work as usual in heavy weight training. For me- an inshape lookin 34 year old 235lbs at 10% or less with a back that hurt alot even when jogging- Yoga was a miracle worker! I was the only one in there sweating and grunting and straining. But all the pain went away. there are some physical therapy exercises that worked for me in other areas at times. I agree for a person with a seriously injured spine- yess the aligning back muscles and supporting back muscles would be more important. But for a guy with a otherwise healthy spine- on here who probably does alot of things to have strong back and outer ab muscles- Working those inner and spinal supporting ab muscles and improving their flexibility would help tremendously. Yet when i was a boxer- I had absolutely no back problems.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Poorly

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Hey Apollo- great post Bro. I have to say you took a simple question and the thread has evolved into one of my favorite posts ,I ve ever been on. True my injury was extreme. You seem to know tons of stuff- I never knew you until this thread LOL. I do believe that streghnthening the little muscles over flexibility is underemphasized. When many of our injuries and pain can be corrected by exercise. I think we were on the same page in another post about wraps and belts elswhere on this forum. Glad your here. NE Baptist while back did some st udies and pioneered some rehan methods that have helped 100s. Hyperextensions are the core of the rehab whether you be an athlete or elderly 90 degree hypers and stiff legged dealifts are considred the staple. Some have avoided surgery with careful attention to those to movements. Like we talked of elswhere- belts and wraps build weak muscles and many orthopaedic expets are against using them unless injured or in competition. Hypers stretch stabilize the spine like no other exercise. Ive seen close to 100 people use this to bring back their former state of mobility. Most that aggravate their disc are doing it wrong. Exercise is key to life
      Last edited by ketsugo; 03-13-2011 at 02:31 AM.

Thread Information