Quote Originally Posted by Warhead14 View Post
That really is the proper view of Satanism. I do think however though that due to whatever reason it does attract meglamaniacs like LeVey and creepy losers who use it to catapult there low self esteem. Basically the ones that I have know are ego maniacs wit ha low self esteem. They end up co signing each others BS and living in self rightous indignation thinking they are more enlightend than everyone else. That of course makes them very presumptious and small minded. The key for me is this when it comes to God or Religeon, Those that say they know, dont know, and those that know they dont know, know.
"All that I know is that I know nothing" - Socrates

Truer words were never spoken.

And yes, of course, Satanism attracts the creepy self-righteous creepy looser. Conversely, how many self-righteous creepy loosers are in EVERY church? Preaching their, well... lunacy?

Remember, Satansim is the only religion that not only does not proselytize. Becoming a member of the Chruch of Satan is a fairly difficult task. Far more are rejected than are accepted.

And, frankly, yes. I do feel that I am more enlightened than most others. Religious superstition does not rule my life or dictate my morality. Humanism, self-preservation, common decency, and respect for myself and the future of mankind does.

Gotta say, I really enjoy hearing the differing viewpoints in this discussion. A fair and open-minded discussion on such a sensitive and personal subject is refreshing (and quite unexpected). E-S rocks (but I knew that already)

~P