• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Report: Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Slated for December in Montreal

FUZO is offline Admin
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran1000 Experience Points50000 Experience Points
      is Kick Ass

I am:
      Cool

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Report: Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Slated for December in Montreal

Report: Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Slated for December in Montreal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

According to MMAWeekly, it will no longer be “Business as usual” between the UFC and their little brothers. Although Strikeforce welterweight champ Nick Diaz inked a multi-year contract extension to remain with the San Jose, California based promotion in December, it appears he will be the next to challenge UFC king Georges St-Pierre for his crown.
      The 170-pound title unification bout is expected to take place December 10th in GSP’s hometown of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. The Bell Centre will host the Octagon’s return up north.
      When UFC Canada’s director of operations Tom Wright announced the event earlier this week, he also mentioned something he had heard through the grapevine.
      “Well, I’ve heard about the Nick Diaz-GSP fight, but it is too early (to tell),” Wright said.
      After St-Pierre successfully defended his belt against Jake Shields last month at UFC 129, company president Dana White touched on Zuffa, LLC’s first potential crossover fight, but suggested he didn’t want to interfere with existing contracts.
      “I imagine I could do whatever I wanted to do if I really wanted to, but we have a contract with Showtime and [Diaz is] a Showtime fighter. I don’t know, we’re going to have to see how this whole thing works out. That’s an interesting fight,” White stated at post-fight presser.
      Although December will mark roughly seven months between bouts, the timing sounds about right for St-Pierre. Canada’s golden boy has been competing only twice a year since 2008.
      After putting Paul Daley down in thrilling scrap in April, Diaz expressed great displeasure in the lack of zeros in his paycheck. In search of greener pastures, he signed to face former IBF and IBO super middleweight champion Jeff Lacy in a boxing match this coming fall.
      However, the controversial grappler reportedly met with White at the UFC’s corporate office in Las Vegas this past Wednesday to discuss his future.
      According to the report, ‘GSP vs. Diaz’ could be announced as early as next week.
      Disclaimer: Steroid use is illegal in a vast number of countries around the world. This is not without reason. Steroids should only be used when prescribed by your doctor and under close supervision. Steroid use is not to be taken lightly and we do not in any way endorse or approve of illegal drug use. The information is provided on the same basis as all the other information on this site, as informational/entertainment value.

guns01 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 72
      Overall activity: 25.0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran1000 Experience PointsThree Friends10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
      Awards:
      Frequent Poster
      is hungry

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Re: Report: Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Slated for December in Montreal

diaz is a damn good fighter but i dont see him beating gsp

apbt549 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      VeteranThree Friends10000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Re: Report: Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz Slated for December in Montreal

i think it will be a good fight. man i hope gsp goes after diaz and beats his ass.... i like diaz but cant stand the ghetto mouth he has........... great fighter shitty attuide....

Bolan is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 70
      Overall activity: 5.0%
      Achievements:
      Recommendation Second Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      is Hung like a mouse

I am:
      Cool

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Im sick of GSP pussyfooting around.......Yes hes the best athlete in the UFC. But come on, his fights are turning into a bore fest.

At least when The Iceman was around, you knew there was going to be punches thrown with bad intentions behind em... ala mike Tyson in his glory days.
      Diaz has that mentality.....Gotta be fuckin nuts to stand in a ring with 4 oz gloves.
      some guys you can tell are scared to have their pretty faces busted up....(GSP)
      Wanna see a crazy fighter.. Look at Forrest Griffin's face up close. LOL

guns01 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 72
      Overall activity: 25.0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran1000 Experience PointsThree Friends10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
      Awards:
      Frequent Poster
      is hungry

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

i have to agree with what apbt said about gsp. he is not a loud mouth and represents their sport well with wins hard work and discipline

Thread Information