Guillard better put his rethinking cap back on because he surely isnt the best 155

"I am the best 155-pounder. I'm a finisher. No disrespect to Frankie Edgar or Gray Maynard, but they proved it in the last fight when they fought each other. Gray had him on his heels and didn't finish. I'm a finisher. I go in for the kill. I smell blood. .. I'm going to just keep knocking guys out until I get a title shot."

Coming off of his first round knockout over Shane Roller at last weekend’s UFC 132, Melvin Guillard, tells mmajunkie.com that he thinks he is the best lightweight fighter on the UFC roster.

After his initial run with the UFC, Guillard had mixed results which had him go 3-3 inside the Octagon. However after a short stint outside of the promotion, the rededicated Guillard has only dropped one of his last eight contests to Nate Diaz back in 2009. Since the Diaz loss has strung together five consecutive victories.

Is he ready for the nest tier in competition or does he still have more to prove before he can stake claim as one of the best lightweight fighters in the world?