Overall activity: 99.9%
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Re: Having a prescription for HRT?

baby1-

u are correct, some Dr's might not want to check everything. But if you insist on it, and you're adamant, most should. Hell, I've even had one tell me "ok, I will test for all these things at your request, but I'm writing it in the notes" (you know, like that Seinfeld show where Elaine was the bad patient? LOL!)

I told him "fine with me, write whatever you want, as long as I can get all those items checked. I'm paying for this visit, and the blood work out of pocket anyway" And that was that.

Most Doctors and nurses are too smart for their own good. You know, with all the schooling they have, they think they know all the answers when they really dont? I also like to tell/ask the "know-it-all's", How can we be sure I dont have anything wrong (ie- something caused by heredity, allergy, illness, cancer, Hiv, ulcers, or whatnot), if we don't check EVERYTHING to make sure?

Just stay on them, keep insisting on what you want, after all, it's your body, your safety and health you're worried about! Besides, they work for you remember.

PS.

I'm too cheap (or is it too smart?) to have to screw with going to a urologist!
      CPT ( Certified Personal Trainer )

baby1 is offline Administrator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
      is the boss lady!!!

I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

I have had my share of doctors and honestly, I have VERY little faith in them. I tend to question them a lot and I don't care if they like it or not. I agree that you need to push for what you want and I have gotten rid of doctors if I don't get what I ask for. To me they are no better than me, and they surely don't know it all. They can be very judgemental just on how you look.

Like jerkKiller said

"Just stay on them, keep insisting on what you want, after all, it's your body, your safety and health you're worried about! Besides, they work for you remember."

You will get what you want eventually.

3. Likes DAG liked this post
      DAG is offline Senior Member
      Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 25
      Overall activity: 1.0%
      Achievements:
      1000 Experience Points1 year registered
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Spectrum has you fill out and online list of questions and you just tell them what they want to hear,ex: yes I am tired all the time, no I don't sleep well, yes my body fat is up , my sex drive is down etc........They will send you a package with everything you need to get the blood work done vials paper work all,they will also find the nearest Concentra medical facility to your home and set you an appointment they will then tell you not to discuss your reason for the blood work with anyone at concentra (for obvious reasons), just tell them it is for a wellness checkup.Concentra FED-EX's the labs, BOOM your done.Just wait on a call with your results.They did ask me if I had ever used hormones before and NO is the answer.They do test everything from GH, cholesterol, thyroid etc......

Thread Information