• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: I'm considering starting an online consultation for diet, training, gear.....i'd like some input on making it work

irish_2003 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 185
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Recommendation First ClassThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
      Awards:
      Downloads
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Drunk

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default I'm considering starting an online consultation for diet, training, gear.....i'd like some input on making it work

after the tens of dozens of requests over the last year, i'm considering finally getting certified PFT in the spring (mostly for liability since i already know everything else), and instead of training people one-on-one at their homes or in a facility, just doing online stuff: setting up programs, consulatation, diet plans, workout plans, gear and supplement programs, etc......

i'm curious from any who have insight on this for advice....i know facebook has a huge local market for me already that interested and i'd realistically be able to start out with 10-20 people.....but i'd like everyone's thoughts or advice on pricing/packages, what else to offer, (possibly get commission thru supplement sales by linking to my page), any other personal advice from those who have knowledge of this......i'm not looking at this option as a career, but only to supplement myself while i'm finishing my degrees......

all advice and ideas are welcome.......the brainstorm session can now begin:
      www.euroking-gear.net
      please be aware of the laws of your country regarding aas

2. Thanks Elvis42 thanked for this post
      Likes Elvis42 liked this post
      Elvis42 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 125
      Overall activity: 15.0%
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsOverdrive1000 Experience Points1 year registered
      is " Your the devil in
      disguise, yes you are !

I am:
      Hungry

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Re: I'm considering starting an online consultation for diet, training, gear.....i'd like some input on making it work

......i would like to be in on that deal ! Very interested , keep me in mind please, thanks !
      Always " Taking care of Business "

badcompany487 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
      Achievements:
      Three Friends1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Crazy

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Re: I'm considering starting an online consultation for diet, training, gear.....i'd like some input on making it work

Maybe some sort of live chat kinda thing, i think if you try and charge to enter a site. Where info is posted or something people won't really be into it because much of the same information is out there for free. I think places like Facebook or other areas where the average person or newbie hangs out will be your best bet to draw people.
      LIFT BIG, EAT BIG, GET BIG

Achievements:
      Awards:
      Downloads
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Drunk

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by badcompany487 View Post
      Maybe some sort of live chat kinda thing, i think if you try and charge to enter a site. Where info is posted or something people won't really be into it because much of the same information is out there for free. I think places like Facebook or other areas where the average person or newbie hangs out will be your best bet to draw people.
      it wouldn't be a site or charged....i'd have a site where i offered my services and people would pay thru paypal for a basic program with correspondence or a more advanced communication/correspondence and program 3-6 months or whatever....most correspondence would be thru emails, maybe skype chat, etc....people would sign up for programs or packages and get unlimited correspondence....basically the same stuff i'm already doing for free when people pm me for help lol......like i said i'm not looking to get rich, but just make my time worth something instead of doing everything for free for people......

i'm just also want to brainstorm income streams such as linking supplement/protein vendors......i've worked it out where i'm able to get my site for free so there's virtually no overhead.....
      www.euroking-gear.net

mugzy is offline Banned
      Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 176
      Overall activity: 1.5%
      Achievements:
      Veteran1000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

The key would be getting targeted traffic to the site. The search "online personal training" gets 27,100 searches a month in google. If you can build an easy to navigate site with a few tools and a good sales page
      you could make some serious money with this type of business. The main key ..... getting your website on page one of google for the search "online personal training".

As far as cashflow it would be up to you to put together a few example packages that could be purchased via paypal however the majority of the business would come from custom packages designed by you
      for your potential clients. I would suggest doing a few for free to have positive testimonials or reviews for your services. After you get things going you could look into paring up with a supplements company
      to recommend to your customers as another additional way of bringing in cash, bodybuilding.com pays 25% commission.

Good luck

7. Thanks irish_2003 thanked for this post
      Likes irish_2003 liked this post
      apbt549 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
      Achievements:
      VeteranThree Friends10000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

irish i wouldnt mind hooking up with you for something like this like i posted in another thread i am bored at the gym. looking to change things up alittle.. let me know when you get things going and i will stop by..

i was going to hit up either you or guns.....

9. Thanks irish_2003 thanked for this post
      Achievements:
      Awards:
      Downloads
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Drunk

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by apbt549 View Post
      irish i wouldnt mind hooking up with you for something like this like i posted in another thread i am bored at the gym. looking to change things up alittle.. let me know when you get things going and i will stop by..

i was going to hit up either you or guns.....
      i feel i can benefit with a somewhat rounded background: training for nearly 20 years (all different programs and styles (trial and error), several years i personally trained with a well known master trainer who's an ifbb pro and former mr universe, i'm a former npc competitor (competed both natural and aas assisted), knowledge on lift specific training (have done a few local bench contests, but i have a great reference because one of my best friends is a national record holder bencher and ranked IPF and USAPL), former 82nd airborne paratrooper (jumpmaster and ranger qualified), and my education currently pursuing two associate degrees (radiography and phlebotomy) so i can help someone adjust around injuries a little better than the average trainer....

disregard dates on the pics....i don't know how to change it and it's never been set properly
      the first pic was last fall just before i started my break from training to focus more on school december or jan (can't remember)...the other is bulked up (march 2010) and the other is somewhat dieted down (9 weeks out still august 2010)
      Attached Images Attached Images
      www.euroking-gear.net

Drew83 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 139
      Achievements:
      1000 Experience PointsVeteran
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Nice idea! When you have pricing and everything paned out, i'd hit ya up for some help depending on where i'm at financially. Congrats too on working on the degrees. My bro and I graduated last year, I got my RN and he got his Radiology Tech degree and makes good money.

I'll be keeping an eye on this

12. Likes irish_2003 liked this post
      rocco-x is offline Honored Member
      Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 230
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Hungry

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

can i tweak your nipples irish...? like badcompany said,a live chat one on one would be nice.Yates is doing that now.check out his youtube vids.you'll def make a good dollar bro.i'm looking into opening my own nutrition store with someone and provide training counseling once i get certed this year.the fitness industry is one of the fastest growing markets today.look at all the supplement companies that've come and gone since the 80's.people will but anything it seems but if you provide an honest service with the knowledge you've got you're a shoe in kid...
      "Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are."

apbt549 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
      Achievements:
      VeteranThree Friends10000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

look good irish. let me know when you get in the swing and get things going. i dont have to be that defined but i would like to slim down some. i already started last week i stopped having a big crown and 7up before bed i did that bc i couldnt sleep i would take a sleeping pill and have a big drink then i seen how many calories was in those things and stopped the next day. stopped drinking soda at lunch also. i used to only drink water all day every day but got lazy on that but i am getting back into it....

Thread Information