I have worked for Planet fitness for just over 5 years now and the company has never given out christmas bonuses. The other day i got a message that my regional manager wanted me to stop by the office so we could catch up. Then she asked about where my assitant and i were working the following day. I thought it was an odd question since we were going to have our meeting and would discuss this for sure. I was aware that the managers were given an envelope at their meeting the previous day so i was thinking, maybe she wanted to give me an envelope? I figured it would be maybe a $25 or $50 dollar gift card or something and that would be great because i still had shopping to do and not enough maney to do it. We had our meeting and discussed some questions we had for each other and then she did indeed hand me a large enevelope. I did not open at that moment but did indeed thank her and also the one owner who was in her office. When i got out to my vehicle I opened my envelope and it was a check for $500 bucks. It felt so good to have them be this generous to me. It really proved to me that my hard work and dedication to this company does get noticed. I work hard because i take pride in what i do and i feel my work represents me as a person and also because i feel the condition of the gyms and the equipment is a reflection of me as well.
Thanks to my bosses this christmas isn't quite the charlie brown christmas it was looking to be.