Achievements:
      VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Hungry

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default christmas bonus

I have worked for Planet fitness for just over 5 years now and the company has never given out christmas bonuses. The other day i got a message that my regional manager wanted me to stop by the office so we could catch up. Then she asked about where my assitant and i were working the following day. I thought it was an odd question since we were going to have our meeting and would discuss this for sure. I was aware that the managers were given an envelope at their meeting the previous day so i was thinking, maybe she wanted to give me an envelope? I figured it would be maybe a $25 or $50 dollar gift card or something and that would be great because i still had shopping to do and not enough maney to do it. We had our meeting and discussed some questions we had for each other and then she did indeed hand me a large enevelope. I did not open at that moment but did indeed thank her and also the one owner who was in her office. When i got out to my vehicle I opened my envelope and it was a check for $500 bucks. It felt so good to have them be this generous to me. It really proved to me that my hard work and dedication to this company does get noticed. I work hard because i take pride in what i do and i feel my work represents me as a person and also because i feel the condition of the gyms and the equipment is a reflection of me as well.
      Thanks to my bosses this christmas isn't quite the charlie brown christmas it was looking to be.
      "when all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed."

baby1 is offline Administrator
      Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Overdrive1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran
      is the boss lady!!!

I am:
      Happy

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Default Re: christmas bonus

That is really nice! Now go buy yourself something! I work in a salon/spa and we haven't gotten anyhthing for the past 2 years. I did get $50 this year though.

MPMC is offline Senior Member
      Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 149
      Overall activity: 2.0%
      Achievements:
      1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsVeteran
      is watching you!

I am:
      Cocky

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Thats great news. I got the same amount this year and in the past, I was lucky to even get a free meal at an office party. Felt good to see that money, i know. I feel the need to still rag on you for working for planet fitness though.

ChemicallyEngineered is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 61
      Overall activity: 26.0%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Hungry

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by MpressMC View Post
      Thats great news. I got the same amount this year and in the past, I was lucky to even get a free meal at an office party. Felt good to see that money, i know. I feel the need to still rag on you for working for planet fitness though.
      yeah i call my boss a sell out all the time. Since i just do the repairs on the equipment and some stuff to the building i kind of feel more like a contractor who only works for pf. I've managed to detach myself pretty completely from the pf retoric. The irony is one of the owners is a self proclaimed lunk and while he doesn't train as much as he should, you can still tell he has a long history of training behind him. I also think it's ironic to see me trying to squeeze between these f'in machines to do the work. Usually the repair techs are these little ass guys and then here i come at 220. As another joke i got the t-shirt that has the "no lunks" logo that has a picture of a bodybuilder on it to wear sometimes and a few employees joked about the irony of the biggest guy who works there wearing the "no lunks" t-shirt.

guns01 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 72
      Overall activity: 25.0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran1000 Experience PointsThree Friends10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
      Awards:
      Frequent Poster
      is hungry

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

i still hate planet fitness cause of how they stereotype us. that is awesome though that they take care of the employees like that. i wonder if it is the chain or the owner of the actual club. that would say a lot about them and how well they are doing if it was the actual chain. that is sweet man, now you can take care of yourself and all the other people you got left

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Hungry

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

I will say that at our locations unless youre being a real obnoxious asshole no one will really bother you. You'd have to really drop things hard or yell loud to get noticed. We do enforce the no gallon water jugs(trip and fall hazard and lots of fluid to clean up if its spilled). We allow deadlifts as long as you don't bounce the bar off the floor. Half the time the employees and managers don't know what a deadlift or t-bar row is to stop someone. I will mention it if someone does the t-bar rowes because then i have to repair the wall repeatedly and i hate watching someone ruin something i just spent hours fixing.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Hungry

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by guns01 View Post
      i still hate planet fitness cause of how they stereotype us. that is awesome though that they take care of the employees like that. i wonder if it is the chain or the owner of the actual club. that would say a lot about them and how well they are doing if it was the actual chain. that is sweet man, now you can take care of yourself and all the other people you got left
      i agree about the stereotyping because iam the farthest from it. When the "i lift things up and put them dowen commercial came out I emailed my boss pissed off about the perpetuation of the steretype. To me it's like putting a black person on there and having him eating fried chickenb and watermelon and having him grab his junk, curse and steal shit from the gym. It's not a fair representation of either group of people.

When i mentioned my boss/owners I was speaking of the peolpe who own the 8 locations i work at. With planet fitness you buy a franchise territory. So anytime i speak about the company or my bosses, owners etc i just mean the local franchisees.

guns01 is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 72
      Overall activity: 25.0%
      Achievements:
      Veteran1000 Experience PointsThree Friends10000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
      Awards:
      Frequent Poster
      is hungry

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicallyEngineered View Post
      I will say that at our locations unless youre being a real obnoxious asshole no one will really bother you. You'd have to really drop things hard or yell loud to get noticed. We do enforce the no gallon water jugs(trip and fall hazard and lots of fluid to clean up if its spilled). We allow deadlifts as long as you don't bounce the bar off the floor. Half the time the employees and managers don't know what a deadlift or t-bar row is to stop someone. I will mention it if someone does the t-bar rowes because then i have to repair the wall repeatedly and i hate watching someone ruin something i just spent hours fixing.
      thats good stuff ce. the ones around my area arent that nice about it at all. they will even tell you that you cant use x amount of weight cause it scares and intimidates the other patrons. any way for the tbar rows i dont blame you at all and it should be proper etique not to punch holes in the gyms walls. you wouldnt do it in your house so what makes the gym any different? all the gyms on military instillations are the same about the tbar rows as well

rocco-x is offline Honored Member
      Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 230
      Overall activity: 0%
      Achievements:
      Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Hungry

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

CE,you ever think about getting your own franchise...?! that would be great,owning your own gym.this way you can run it the way you want but still keep within the parameters of the PF policies and procedures...
      "Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are."

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Hungry

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

the tough part about a franchise would be that there's nothing left near me. you have guys from nyc tht own as far up as rockland county and then my boss owns up as far as columbia county and then it switches to a guy who owns from albany up. im not sure about western ny. Another thing is if i was to do it i would want to do a worlds, which is still owned by pf but i'm not sure if thy still put new ones out anymore. It would be tough to compete with pf in my area and there are 4 golds gyms and 3 all sports plus 2 or 3 small gyms so i don't know how i would fair against them. I remembr doing the math about 8 years ago when my wife and i were going to buy out and older hardcore gym in newburgh and we knew the cheapest we could go is $39 per month. Thats still cheaper than golds or all sport but it's 2x as much as pf. My big thing was going to be that i would get dbs up to 200lbs, have awesome deadlift platforms, power racks, t-bars, hack squats, supplements with free counseling and training by me. I figured since i own the joint why charge for my services, i just want them to be members! I would like to have a daycare section too so that i can target the moms and dads who can't get someone to watch the kids while they work out. I would really hone in on everything pf doesn't have to grab the people who are there but wish they had a reasonably priced option that gave them what pf lacks.

Thread Information