Quote Originally Posted by ItalianMuscle View Post
A BBS system, was actually super simple, there wasnt much to the board. You would have forums, sub-forums, etc.. Most of the ones I was calling was just for games. The games would be pirated from all over(including europe/asia), they would break the codes, and they would upload them to the BBS. Took fucking forever with a 1200baud modem, i think at the time I was doing it, they just came out with the 2400 baud, but I got rid of everything by then.

Not to mention, the phone bills were outrageous, becaus most of the bbs I was calling were out of state. Those could be avoided with hacking, divertors, black boxes, etc., but lots of risk involved.
Do you ever remember setting up your computer on auto dial for random numbers, searching for carrier signals through Ma Bell / AT&T? You find a carrier signal and that was the end of it, it wouldn't have even mattered. I remember being young and doing that at home, and when mom got the phone bill she about shit.

It wasn't but maybe $15.00 but the calls were all for 1-3 seconds in various states. LOL