Quote Originally Posted by apbt549 View Post
sorry for your loss. my father also was a drinker and still is i havent spoke to him in over 10years and he lives 10mins away from me. i built my house when i was 23years old yea thats right i had a builder build my house and i bought the land and neither of my parnets knew about it and when i took him to my house he was drunk and put it down i am not talking about a trailer i am talking about a cbs home with a 2car garage. after him and my mom split i never heard from him then one day he came over drunk with some bar fly i told him to get out and dont come back.

i tip my hat to you for not letting your parents problems keep you down or have you make excuses on why you couldnt do anything. i never let me father keep me down and i will never will. keep your chin up bro.
That's terrible that he talked down on you like that. It fucks with you, because even though that you know you've done better and are successful we all want our parents to be proud of us. I'll never forget when I watched the cult classic Pulp Fiction, and remember that line Wallace through out to Butch..."That sting you feel.....that's just pride, fucking with you.....FUCK PRIDE." lol

I'm staying strong, I just wish that I could have had more of a relationship with my father but it's out of my control. Amazing how people can depend on a bottle, drug, etc.