Ok my girl and my son and I went to our local chain name gym. Working out and noticed this tool staring at me. kind of the Im buff and tuff stare... since my son was there I thought I would let it go. Next time I go to the gym its me and my girl.... Just so happens the tool was there. I decided to be an adult and ignored him.... well.. Im in the back free weight room and they also have a cable machine... Its just myself and my girl... I see tool boy just left the room and was on a machine in a different area... well I just was finishing a set of chest flies and didn't move but turned and was stretching when I get bumped and this guy is changing out grips on the machine..... Im like WTF !!!!! he says he is circuit training... I say you were gone for a good 10 minutes well he and I got into it and to the point of my girl stepping in between and telling him he was better off just to leave while he still could on his own......... NOW... I know there a assholes out there but this is where the story just ballons..... forward two weeks... its just my girl and I.. we walk into the gym and there are only 2 other people there.. a guy and a girl.. the guy turns out to be a trainer that went to high school with my girlfriend.... so we warm up and do some cardio... and im watching the trainer doing circuit training or crossfit training.... it looked like she was jumping on every machine for just one set each and gabbing a whole lot... well my girl and I go to the back weight room... iM setting up the bench press which is right next to the cable machine....and my girl is setting that up for herself for chest flies..... well she just is about to do her first rep when the trainer comes up kind of loud and is like whoa whoa we have three sets left and literally takes the grip right from her hand.... I giggled to myself thinking poor bastard.... but she just walked away..... which now pissed me off.... the girl took all of 15 seconds to do her rep and I looked at the clock and went to talk to my girl... she said leave it alone he was a jerk in high school and she was fine.......I didn't... after 10 minutes.... yes 10.... they came back to do the second set.... I asked him if it was normal for him to be an ass? and then said isn't it protocol that if a trainer comes up to a machine and someone else is on it the trainer goes to something else? the guy said he told my gf that they would work in on sets... I go no you didn't... he said he did and now im really getting pissed thinking first he is calling my gf a liar and second me an idiot because he saw me next to the cable machine the first. time... I said don't you think you ought to apologize to my gf? he smiled at me and said we are done here....I grabbed him I just meant to spin him around... to get his attention.. he accidently fell over the bench press and smashed his face into a 45 pound plate....

long story short... trainer is not working there.. I talked to the owner explained things and he agreed that the trainer should always give way to whom ever is on the machine at the time... it is their job AS a trainer to figure out alternatives... the owner apologized and gave us 2 months free.....

So what do people thing about gym etiquette and circuit training.... ? I think unless you are a professional you don't need to circuit train... or if you do... a least respect the other people in the gym....

nightrain116 is online now Add to nightrain116's Reputation Report Post