Achievements:
      Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

** CJC-1295 **

(here's the official Title + conclusion from the research article listed above)

Prolonged stimulation of growth hormone (GH) and insulin-like growth factor I secretion by CJC-1295,
      a long-acting analog of GH-releasing hormone, in healthy adults.

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Mar;91(3):799-805. Epub 2005 Dec 13.

CONCLUSIONS: Subcutaneous administration of CJC-1295 resulted in sustained, dose-dependent increases in GH and IGF-I levels in healthy adults and was safe and relatively well tolerated, particularly at doses of 30 or 60 microg/kg. There was evidence of a cumulative effect after multiple doses. These data support the potential utility of CJC-1295 as a therapeutic agent.
      Last edited by JerkKILLER; 01-07-2010 at 02:18 AM.

JerkKILLER is offline Platinum Member
      Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 126
      Overall activity: 99.9%
      Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

** CJC-1295 **

(here's another one about how it affects natural GH pulsation)

Pulsatile secretion of growth hormone (GH) persists during continuous stimulation by CJC-1295, a long-acting GH-releasing hormone analog. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006 Dec;91(12):4792-7. Epub 2006 Oct 3.

Ionescu M, Frohman LA.

Section of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1747 West Roosevelt Road, Room 517, Chicago, Illinois 60608, USA.

CONTEXT:
      Pulsatile GH secretion is considered important for many of the hormone's physiological effects. Short-term GHRH infusions enhance GH pulsatility and increase IGF-I, but the short GHRH half-life limits its therapeutic use. A synthetic GHRH analog (CJC-1295) that binds permanently to endogenous albumin after injection (half-life = 8 d) stimulates GH and IGF-I secretion in several animal species and in normal human subjects and enhances growth in rats.

OBJECTIVE:
      Our objective was to assess GH pulsatility after a single injection of CJC-1295 and determine which GH secretion parameters correlated to the increase in IGF-I production.

METHODS:
      GH pulsatility was assessed by 20-min blood sampling during an overnight 12-h period in healthy 20- to 40-yr-old men before and 1 wk after injection of either 60 or 90 microg/kg CJC-1295.

RESULTS:
      GH secretion was increased after CJC-1295 administration with preserved pulsatility. The frequency and magnitude of GH secretory pulses were unaltered. However, basal (trough) GH levels were markedly increased (7.5-fold; P < 0.0001) and contributed to an overall increase in GH secretion (mean GH levels, 46%; P < 0.01) and IGF-I levels (45%; P < 0.001). No significant differences were observed between the responses to the two drug doses. The IGF-I increases did not correlate with any parameters of GH secretion.

CONCLUSIONS: CJC-1295 increased trough and mean GH secretion and IGF-I production with preserved GH pulsatility. The marked enhancement of trough GH levels by continuous GHRH stimulation implicates the importance of this effect on increasing IGF-I. Long-acting GHRH preparations may have clinical utility in patients with intact pituitary GH secretory capability.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

It's come to my attention that there are some new peptides on the market. One of which is MYO-029 aka Stamulumab, originally made by Wyeth Pharmaceuticals in NJ. It was designed to block myostatin, the gene that inhibits muscle growth.

Some sources are selling this for over $100 per 1mg

Save your hard earned money, this is nothing but crap. Let me show you why....

** MYO-029 **

Description:
      MYO-029) is an experimental myostatin inhibiting research chemical. The product appears to block the actions of a protein- GDF8- that decreases muscle mass, increases fat accumilation, and increases blood glucose. As an anti-GDF8 antibody, MYO-029 has the potential to decrease the high glucose levels that characterize Type 2 diabetes. MYO-029 also may have the potential to treat muscle-waisting diseases such as age related frailty and muscular dystrophy.

Wyeth won't develop MYO-029 for MD
      , taken from http://www.mda.org/research/080311md_myo-029.html,
      originally posted March 11th, 2008.

Wyeth Pharmaceuticals of Madison, N.J., has announced it will not continue development of its experimental compound MYO-029 for muscular dystrophy.

MYO-029 is an antibody (immune-system protein) designed to stick to and interfere with the actions of myostatin, a protein that limits muscle growth. By blocking myostatin, it was hoped that muscles affected by muscular dystrophy would become larger and stronger. Development of MYO-029 was based in part on preclinical research funded by MDA.

“We're disappointed that MYO-029 will not be moving forward," said Sharon Hesterlee, MDA vice president of translational research. "But I doubt this is the end of the line for myostatin inhibition. MDA is looking at other ways to block myostatin and, of course, other strategies to improve muscle health.”

Beginning in 2005, with supplemental funding to trial sites from MDA, Wyeth began a phase 1-2 clinical trial to test the safety and tolerability of MYO-029 in 116 adults with Becker, facioscapulohumeral and limb-girdle types of muscular dystrophy.

The compound was found to be safe and well tolerated at three dosage levels, reports a paper published online todayin Annals of Neurology by Kathryn Wagner at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, and colleagues.

However, the investigators found no improvements in muscle strength or function, and no statistically significant muscle growth in trial participants.
      (The authors note that the study was not designed to measure efficacy.)

Investigators say the MYO-029 clinical trial supports the hypothesis that systemic administration of agents that block myostatin is safe enough for future studies and that further evaluation of more potent myostatin inhibitors than MYO-029 should be considered.

Wyeth Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer Gary Stiles says the company “remains committed to discovering and developing treatments for muscle diseases and continues to explore myostatin inhibition along with other strategies,” despite its discontinuation of the MYO-029 program.

Achievements:
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Post Thanks / Like
      Level

Can one of the mods or Admin ban this spamming, scamming, fraudulent advertising Piece Of Sh...??!?!?

DAMN this guy ticks me off!
      !! Go FUCK Yourself EdHardy!!

Thread Information