What you wrote is true about wrestlers but there are other types of superstars have some of those problems and more. Luckily I realized this many yrs ago. I walked away from 10 goose gym in Van Nuys, CA. where my financial backer was the owner of the most voluminous Mercedes dealership on the West coast. I was a heavyweight boxer about to be heavily pushed.
When I was in N. dakota not too long after an open try out for the Astros- I got the call to come back for a more private tryout(many yrs before I was in Van Nuys) I never went. I had a gaurantee spot on big brother when I was touring as a dancer. Did'nt take it. I was walking across Shoney's parking lot in Nashville with my shirt off- making it short- a record exect stopped me- bought my lunch- gauranteed me the lead in Clay sumthin anothers' country video after talking to me during lunch. I have wrestled the Iron Sheik among many others. I was offered a private tryout for ECW and was back stage at their B'Ham, AL pay per view Dusty Rhodes knew my original trainer very very well and respected him as a worker greatly. Tommy dreamer(I believe he was the booker) was a dick and would'nt listen to me or Dusty but when the guy above him saw me and talked to me and Dusty gave the nod- I was told where to come and when and invited to the Baton Rouge , LA show for a dark match. I never went. I was sitting next to a well known ex superstar at a Stadium show in GA when he asked me hey brother you got any pain pills?
Before any of this I walked away from a complete modelling set up from a huge agency that sent my pics to Bruce Weber who wanted to shoot me. Tony Valentine tried hard to get me to come work for his East Coast Chippendales permanently. I was living on my sailboat in MD. Making $1,000-$1,800 Doin 6-10 Private parties on SAT and maybe another 1 or 2 on FRI. I fucked women and played with my dog and sailed the Chesapeake the rest of the week. I was'nt givin that up for nothing! LOL FREEDOM. Stars dont have it! Stars are slaves. I never wanted Money, fame nor fortune nor glory nor power. I always wanted Freedom. At times I thought I wanted those things but when the opp came- I searched out Freedom. The biggest obstacle to freedom was me and in my mind. But, I removed those obstacles avoided the 2nd biggest obstacle: GOVT and I would'nt trade my life now for all the $ and fame in the world. Fuck Fame- Like ARX has partially shown with his trurths- It's not all its cracked up to be at best and a Lie commonly. I'm a nobody and love being one. I have known and have friends that know- such as a famous Nashville Dentist- that know them and it aint what you think.