I've had low T problems since my mid 20's, so HRT is nothing new to me. But most new Dr's (that I might go to because mine moved to another city/state) still don't want to prescribe it to me even if my T is low. All the steroid scandal publicity AAS have gotten over the past few years has really frightened them into not prescribing it. They probably think I'm (you're) an athlete or in some other way plan to use the medication for non-medical use. Or perhaps they are just worried they will be investigated by the DEA some day.

Whatever the reason, it doesnt matter. If you have low T, they should prescribe it. It's a legit medical condition and it's a LEGAL DRUG to treat it with. If your Dr. wont do it and says he wants to wait 6 mos and then test your blood again to see if the test levels come up on their own, explain to him that you've had this problem for years. You know that, because you have all the symptoms- low libido, low energy, no morning wood, mood swings, fat gain, and you're hardly ever in the mood to have sex with your GF or wife anymore. Hell, tell him halfway thru sex Mr (insert your penis name here) , falls asleep and goes limp. Tell him you noticed those changes happened gradually a couple years back and they've been getting worse ever since. You just havent felt like yourself, since then.

If your Dr is still not convinced, then go to another Dr. Sooner or later you will find one that will be sympathetic to your condition and give you a script for test.

Usually they will want to prescribe the gel or patches for most people. Tell him you'd prefer to go on the weekly shots because you've either: A) read on the internet that those 2 products are not very good at increasing a mans T levels, or that B) you've tried both of those before and you felt no results and they both irritated your skin. Maybe also the fact that lots of older men are raving about the positive effects of shots on the internet and several websites like WebMD. That the effectiveness of shots is like night and day when compared to the cream and/or patches. So you dont want to waste time trying things that are inferior or take much longer to have a positive effect on the human body than the injections would.

It might take you going to a couple Dr's before you find one, but sooner or later you will get one who will help you out.

It's also a good idea to NOT mention the fact that you've ever used AAS, anti-E's, or PCT items either. Because then they will really want to wait 6-12 mos before they give you another blood test. Not to mentin will think you are an abuser or renegade and will most likely not prescribe the shots to you ever.

Hope that helps.