theclap-

Unfortunately that's exactly what I think caused it, abuse of NSAIDS.

He's had back problems for about 20yrs now and he went thru some rough times a few years back. He lost a lot of muscle mass and gained some fat back then which aggravated his back even more. He talked to 2 different doc's -at that time- about what he could use to help with the pain and muscle tightness.

The doc's prescribed a muscle relaxer and told him to use NSAIDS. He specifically asked them how much he should take and if there were any dangers. They both replied "as often as you want, up to 2400mg per day, there's hardly any sides to worry about, you'll be fine"

Can you believe that shit!? They were doctors, they were professionals, he took them at their word and didn't consult anyone else about the possible side effects or bodily damage that could occur. After all, the docs said there's nothing to worry about.
So yeah, he took 800mg three times per day for 1-2yrs straight.

Maybe a lawsuit is in order? What do you guys think?

niko-

he's hanging in there, stopped using NSAIDS 99% of the time, and now only uses the ant-acid famotadine when he needs it. Which is like 2x per week instead of 2x per day which he's done for the past 2-3yrs straight.

Due to calorie restriction and the fact he should only eat certain foods he's probably lost 20lbs by now. All his clothes that used to be tight (because of his musculature) are now all loose. He's had to tighten his belt at least 3 notches! He hates it, but he's trying to stick with it.

He's suppose to STOP eating meat since it's the kidney's job to break down the proteins we eat into the smaller amino acids our bodies can use. But he hasn't been able to. Going a day with no meat makes him really hungry, the whey protein + Flax oil shakes aren't doing it.

One more month to go before he has to go back and get rechecked. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

thanks for the inquiry